Our communities can benefit greatly from Rotarians doing what Rotarians do — Service Above Self — around mental health issues. We have gaps in access to mental health and education about mental health. Ask your local mental health provider how you can help. Here are some ideas:
- Sponsor Mental Health First Aid classes in your community
- Present speakers on topics such as the opioid epidemic
- Create wallets cards with local crisis contacts
- Look for ways to help veterans who struggle with PTSD or substance abuse
- Educate on the drug take-back programs locally
R4MH co-chairs can connect you with clubs doing all those things. No wheel-re-inventing required.
Would a District Grant help?
See the Rotary Resources tab for a link to applying for a District Grant.